Support Continues to Grow for The House That Beer Built
The lack of affordable housing is a problem many people in Asheville and Buncombe County are all too familiar with. The people and local businesses that make Asheville great—the creatives, artists, brewers, servers, chefs, entrepreneurs—deserve to live in a house they can afford.
We are excited to announce The House That Beer Built! This house, funded and built by our local brewing community, is being built in Arden. We’re excited that the breweries that add so much to Asheville culture will have a direct way to help ease its affordable housing crisis.
This house has a lead gift from the Asheville Brewers Alliance, but breweries of all sizes are getting involved. From percentage nights or a Habitat brew to volunteering or spreading the word about Habitat, there are a lot of creative ways local breweries are joining in.
We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the craft beer community and the spirit that makes Asheville home for us all. See below to see participating breweries and upcoming events, so you can grab a pint and support affordable housing!
- May 31, 2017 – New Belgium Brewing
- Sign-A-Stud, all tips from tours and the bar donated
- June 2017 – One World Brewing
- $1 of every Brett IPA donated
- July 13, 2017 – Pour Taproom
- 15 % of sales from 5-9pm
- August 4-5 – Habitat Brewing
- Live music, trivia, and $1 per pint sold donated
- September 14, 2017 – Catawba Brewing
- Release of their small batch German style Marzen, $1 from each pint sold donated for the following month
- October 2017 – Bhramari Brewing Company
- Donating $1 from every sale of Beaucatcher Brown Ale for the whole month
- November 13, 2017 – Hi-Wire (Big Top) hosts The House That Beer Built Kick-Off Party, starting at 5:30pm. Open to the public! Will include the Big Top’s usual Monday Burger and Pint Night $12 from Foothills Food Truck. A portion of beer sales will be donated, guests will be invited to sign a stud wall, and a door prize will be provided by Asheville Habitat.
- December 16, 2017 – UpCountry Brewing
- Donating 10% of all house beer sales during their one year anniversary party.
- January 25, 2018 – Highland Brewing
- Donating $1 from every pint between 3-9pm during their January Community Pint Night. Join us for great beer, great community, and Ryan Roots Open Mic Jam. Highland will also be donating their tour donations for the entire month of January.
- February 7, 2018 – Pint Night at Twin Leaf Brewing
- February 8, 2018 – Wicked Weed (Funkatorium)
- $1 per pour of the “Saison V” will go toward’s The House That Beer Built.
- February 19 – Pint Night at Hillman Beer
- $1 from every Hillman Beer pint sold from 4-10pm will go to to Asheville Habitat. And enjoy some incredible live music from the amazing Melodic AF band!
- February 24, 2018 – UpCountry Brewing
- It’s a Habitat showcase with music by 4 Habitat ReStore employees and their bands! Scott Bianchi, Kilo Fresh, Moonlight Streetfolk, and The Dirty Badgers! Kid-friendly. Music starts at 5pm. $1 from every pour goes to Habitat. Face painting from 5:30-7:30 with donations going to Habitat.
- March 22, 2018 – Catawba Brewing (South Slope)
- New Beer Thursday, 2-10pm: $1 from each pint of the New England Session IPA sold, will be donated to Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity starting 3/22/18 and for 4 weeks after the release!
Anyone can support the House That Beer Built, not just breweries! Click here to donate online. Select House That Beer Built in Area of Support. Or donate via text. Simply send a text to 91999 with the keyword Beer. Thank you!