Support Continues to Grow for The House That Beer Built
The lack of affordable housing is a problem many people in Asheville and Buncombe County are all too familiar with. The people and local businesses that make Asheville great—the creatives, artists, brewers, servers, chefs, entrepreneurs—deserve to live in a house they can afford.
We are excited to announce The House That Beer Built! This house, funded and built by our local brewing community, will begin construction this November. We’re excited that the breweries that add so much to Asheville’ culture will have a direct way to help ease its affordable housing crisis.
This house has a lead gift from the Asheville Brewers Alliance, but breweries of all sizes are getting involved. From percentage nights or a Habitat brew to volunteering or spreading the word about Habitat, there are a lot of creative ways local breweries are joining in.
We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the craft beer community and the spirit that makes Asheville home for us all. See below to see participating breweries and upcoming events, so you can grab a pint and support affordable housing!
- May 31, 2017 – New Belgium Brewing
- Sign-A-Stud, all tips from tours and the bar donated
- June 2017 – One World Brewing
- $1 of every Brett IPA donated
- July 13, 2017 – Pour Taproom
- 15 % of sales from 5-9pm
- August 4-5 – Habitat Brewing
- Live music, trivia, and $1 per pint sold donated
- September 14, 2017 – Catawba Brewing
- Release of their small batch German style Marzen, $1 from each pint sold donated for the following month
- October 2017 – Bhramari Brewing Company
- Donating $1 from every sale of Beaucatcher Brown Ale for the whole month
- November 13, 2017 – Hi-Wire (Big Top) hosts The House That Beer Built Kick-Off Party, starting at 5:30pm. Open to the public! Will include the Big Top’s usual Monday Burger and Pint Night $12 from Foothills Food Truck. A portion of beer sales will be donated, guests will be invited to sign a stud wall, and a door prize will be provided by Asheville Habitat.
Anyone can support the House That Beer Built, not just breweries! Click here to donate online. Select House That Beer Built in Area of Support. Or donate via text. Simply send a text to 91999 with the keyword Beer. Thank you!