Donate to the ReStore
Thanks to generous support from our community, Asheville Habitat boasts one of the highest ranked Habitat ReStores in the country (out of 900+ stores).
This is a testament to the residents of Buncombe County who value local non-profits, re-using materials, and supporting a store where they can find the best deals around! When you donate to Asheville Habitat’s ReStores (now in Asheville and Weaverville), you help generate funding for Habitat programs while keeping usable goods out of the landfill.
Because of the high cost of disposal, as of May 25, 2021, the Asheville and Weaverville ReStores are no longer accepting TV donations of any kind. Thank you for understanding.
What We Accept
The ReStore accepts donations of good quality, working items in the following categories:
Antiques and Housewares
CDs, DVDs, record albums
Jewelry, coins and stamps
Kitchenware and accessories
Must be in working condition
Washers and Dryers
Electric and Gas Stoves
Concrete block – all sizes
Shingles – full bundles
Nails and screws – full boxes
Sheet rock – 4’ x 8’ sheets or more
Kitchen cabinets (must have all doors and drawers)
Countertops (straight sections without holes only)
Complete bathroom vanities
Vanity tops 4’ or less
Wood & metal furniture
Doors and Windows
Double hung, picture, and bay windows
Steel, wood, and bi-fold doors
Storm doors – must have complete frames
Wood flooring – 20 sq ft or more
New ceramic or vinyl tile, carpet squares – full cases only
New vinyl sheet goods – 5’ x 8’ or larger
New carpet – 5’ x 8’ or larger
Area rugs –new or gently used
We participate in Cars for Homes™, a program of Habitat for Humanity International. Cars for Homes™ accepts cars, trucks, boats, RVs, motorcycles and construction equipment. Both running and non-running vehicles are accepted. Call us at 828-254-6706 to discuss your vehicle donation today.
Interior and exterior lock sets with keys
Working tools – power, hand & garden
Sinks – no wall mounts
Bathtubs – claw foot, fiberglass or solid surface
Hot waters heaters – less than 5 years old
New plumbing supplies
Quality electric folding treadmills, stationary bicycles,weight machines, iron weights
Bicycles – functional only
General sporting goods
Boats, cars, RVs
What We Do Not Accept
Some items are not salable. Due to the high cost of handling and disposal we can not accept the following items:
• Baby or children’s items
• Can lights or fluorescent tube lights
• Car Tires
• Commercial doors and Shower Doors
• Disassembled particle board furniture
• Executive or L shaped desks
• Fuel cans; no antifreeze or motor oil
• Hospital Beds
• Items with mildew or mold
• Liquids of any kind including: paint, cleaning chemicals, kerosene, gasoline, pesticides & solvents
• Lumber and trim under 6 ft long
• Mattresses or box springs
• TVs of any age or model
• Unframed mirrors and glass
• Upholstered furniture with tears or stains
• Valances over 6 ft. long
Guidelines are subject to change.
For suggestions on places that may accept these items, please click here.
**Pianos are drop-off only. Click for requirements.**
Due to the inherent risk associated with moving an item as heavy as a piano, they must meet certain specific criteria in order for us to process them as a donation.
- We CAN NOT pick them up with our trucks that do residential and business pickups.
- To receive them at a ReStore, they must arrive on a pickup truck or box truck that can back into our loading dock. (not on a trailer)
- The piano must be in fully functional condition with all the keys and pedals functioning properly and in tune.
- Pianos must also be in excellent cosmetic condition with both the body and keyboard in visually appealing shape.
- We are only able to handle spinet size pianos, never a full upright size due to the extra weight.We value every donation offered to us with the goal of raising money for affordable housing. Pianos present a unique challenge logistically, and have become increasingly harder to sell due to the abundance of free ones offered on craigslist. Therefore we must adhere to all the above guidelines when accepting them as donations, and appreciate your understanding.
ReStore Business Partner Program
Donations from businesses help keep our showroom full of quality merchandise and help local families in need of a safe, decent home – because ReStore proceeds support Habitat’s building programs.
If your business is cleaning out its warehouse, remodeling its offices, or simply has excess inventory to donate, we hope you will consider joining this core group of ReStore supporters.
Business Partner Benefits include:
- Cost Savings: The ReStore will remove merchandise and recycle usable materials, saving you labor and landfill costs.
- Tax Deduction: We offer a tax reduction receipt for your donations.
- Peace of Mind: ReStore staff is dependable, professional and on-time.
For more information, please call our Donations Manager, Michelle Smith at 828-777-2572 or email her.
Business Partner Recognition and Thanks
Tier 1 ($3,000+)
- Listing in Asheville Habitat’s Annual Report
- Tagged Facebook Post
- Listing on Asheville Habitat’s webpage
- Jobsite Volunteer Day
Tier 2 ($7,000+)
- Tier 1 Recognition
- Recognition on the Asheville ReStore Business Partner Wall (1 yr.)
- Inclusion in Annual Newspaper Thank You ad
Tier 3 ($10,000+)
- Tier 1 Recognition
- Tier 2 Recognition
- Logo on the back of the Asheville ReStore truck
- Thank You gift