Some items are not salable. Due to the high cost of handling and disposal we can not accept the following items:
• Baby or children’s items
• Can lights or fluorescent tube lights
• Car Tires
• Commercial doors and Shower Doors
• Disassembled particle board furniture
• Executive or L shaped desks
• Fuel cans; no antifreeze or motor oil
• Items with mildew or mold
• Liquids of any kind including: paint, cleaning chemicals, kerosene, gasoline, pesticides & solvents
• Lumber and trim under 6 ft long
• Mattresses or box springs
• Tube/projection/old style box TVs
• Unframed mirrors and glass
• Upholstered furniture with tears or stains
• Valances over 6 ft. long
• Pianos are drop-off only- see below for drop-off requirements.
Due to the inherent risk associated with moving an item as heavy as a piano, they must meet certain specific criteria in order for us to process them as a donation.
- We CAN NOT pick them up with our trucks that do residential and business pickups.
- To receive them at a ReStore, they must arrive on a pickup truck or box truck that can back into our loading dock. (not on a trailer)
- The piano must be in fully functional condition with all the keys and pedals functioning properly and in tune.
- Pianos must also be in excellent cosmetic condition with both the body and keyboard in visually appealing shape.
- We are only able to handle spinet size pianos, never a full upright size due to the extra weight.We value every donation offered to us with the goal of raising money for affordable housing. Pianos present a unique challenge logistically, and have become increasingly harder to sell due to the abundance of free ones offered on craigslist. Therefore we must adhere to all the above guidelines when accepting them as donations, and appreciate your understanding.
Guidelines are subject to change.
For suggestions on places that may accept these items, please click here.