• The 15-year service anniversary was reached by Construction volunteers Jerry Ray, Kerney McNeil, and Bill Winkler, and ReStore volunteer Denise Goodson. (pictured left to right below)
• Construction volunteers Bob Swartz and Bill Kantonen celebrated their 20th and 25th Habitat anniversaries, respectively. (pictured left to right below)
• ReStore volunteers Allen Laws and Jan Wright met the 30-year volunteer service mark! As some of the very first volunteers, they started not long after the ReStore opened in its original Biltmore Avenue location in 1990.
• Additionally, 40 volunteers celebrated 5 and 10-year service anniversaries last year!
Some fun facts about Asheville Habitat’s volunteer program:
• It takes 1,650 hours of volunteer labor to build one Habitat house.
• When operating at full volunteer capacity, the Asheville Habitat utilize around 175 volunteers each week between the Asheville and Weaverville ReStores.
• A team of Asheville volunteers traveled to Ethiopia in February 2020. This was Asheville Habitat’s first trip to this country (one of its Global Engagement partners), and it turned out to be one of the very last Habitat Global Village Builds before the pandemic.