Job Description – ReStore Director
Reporting to the Executive Director, the ReStore Director leads Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity (AAHH) ReStores as a social enterprise revenue stream and unique mission impact platform. The ReStore Director is responsible for successfully initiating, developing, and growing ReStore business activities to achieve revenue and operational goals set by the AAHH Board of Directors.
The ReStore Director collaborates with the senior leadership team in strategic decision-making and operational management to fulfill AAHH’s strategic plan and vision.
- Lead ReStore management team to ensure consistent performance in ReStore and AAHH policy and procedure in all ReStore activities;
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and business plans to achieve ReStore growth goals;
- Maintain a safe work and retail environment;
- Steward existing ReStore donors; identify and cultivate prospects;
- With the donation manager and store managers, ensure adequate inventory of merchandise;
- Represent AAHH ReStores at community events and actively coordinate with organizations that share the goals of AAHH and ReStore;
- Develop and implement store policy with input from ReStore management team and ReStore committee;
- Develop, track, and report on annual performance metrics for ReStores;
- Adequately staff the ReStores with employees and volunteers;
- Provide staff support to the ReStore Committee;
- Lead negotiations and review contracts with ReStore vendors and partners;
- Follow trends in social entrepreneurship, reuse, philanthropy, and retail identifying and researching business opportunities and viable income streams;
- Serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of AAHH.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing Habitat ReStore operations, or similar social enterprise experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in business development, entrepreneurial, or non-profit settings or a BA/BS degree in a related field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Thriftcart, and CRM software.
- Ability to develop and lead staff and volunteers to achieve of department and organizational goals.
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification recommended.
- Fork Truck operator certification recommended.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No walks-in or phone calls, please.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with our Drug screening and Drug Free work place policy as well as Sex Offender and Criminal Background Check.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is a Living Wage, Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug Free Workplace.