Part-Time ReStore Associate (Weaverville)
This position is a 27 hours/week in our Weaverville ReStore. Applicant needs to have availability Tuesday – Saturday from 8:30am – 6:15pm.
Individuals assigned to this position will periodically rotate to the various areas of the ReStore, including occasionally assisting truck drivers. This individual should be able to work at the Asheville or Weaverville location. The ReStore Associate may be responsible for the pickup, receipt, processing, movement, and storage of all donated goods as well as for sales support.
Committed to the mission of Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity, the incumbent will be able to interface successfully with people, operate equipment safely, lift and move heavy objects, and oversee activities in his or her assigned area.
- Represent AAHH by interfacing successfully with people in a polite and courteous manner.
- Handle merchandise without causing damage to donated materials or donor property.
- Operate the truck and other equipment safely and in compliance with AAHH safety procedures.
- Inventory processing
- Organize the inventory to continually improve efficiency.
- Control the movement, repair, pricing, and recycling of donated merchandise.
- Act as the leader for volunteers and ensure they are engaged and feel positive about their ReStore volunteer experience.
- Customer support/sales
- Greet all customers and provide them any necessary assistance in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Display merchandise in a safe, attractive manner.
- Assist in loading customer’s purchases.
- Assist in receiving incoming phone calls.
- Operate P.O.S. system when needed.
- Perform residential and corporate donation pickups as instructed.
Valid driver license and experience driving a truck preferred.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with our Drug screening and Drug Free work place policy as well as Sex Offender and Criminal Background Check.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is a Living Wage, Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug Free Workplace.