Job Description: Development Officer
Working with the Development Director, the Development Officer will provide the leadership and the initiative to develop a strategy to identify, retain and close gift relationships from assigned individuals, corporations, faith-based groups and organizations to meet a significant annual revenue goal in Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity’s (AAHH) annual giving program. This position works closely with a collaborative Fund Development team and Communications.
- Establish with the Development Director a systematic strategy to actively identify, cultivate and close commitments from new and existing donors to meet or exceed assigned revenue goals
- Work independently to conduct face-to-face visits, virtual meetings, and other activities to secure assigned AAHH sponsorships
- Create and execute with the Communications Team assigned solicitation campaigns (mail, email, virtual, website, presentations, proposals etc.) to compassionately articulate the Habitat story
- Work with Development Director to establish revenue goals for the annual budget and provide accurate and timely reports
- Assist in hosting events on and off-site
- Actively seek and participate in professional continued education
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A willing attitude and the self-motivation to actively and consistently pursue gifts
- 3+ years of a successful track record in securing necessary funding
- Demonstrated track record in an environment of similar complexity
- Ability to collaborate with others in a dynamic environment but also works well independently
- Strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under shifting priorities
- Excellent communication skills, able to write and speak clearly and effectively, and to listen with a capacity to engage, inspire and persuade
- Enjoys creating relationships with a diverse group of constituents and maintaining them to a high standard of excellence
- A commitment to racial, gender and economic equity and proven experience working successfully with diverse stakeholders
- Embodies personal qualities of confidentiality, integrity, credibility
- High-level computer literacy skills, experience with donor databases is a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Operates primarily in a professional office environment; AAHH offers a hybrid working environment providing laptops
- Occasionally works in outside conditions that can include inclement weather, heat and humidity, high noise levels and navigating rough terrain
- Must be able to travel to meetings and events
- Working hours will vary and comp time is given for work after normal working hours
Starting paygrade range of $24.47 – $27.00/hour.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with our Drug screening and Drug Free work place policy.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Living Wage Certified and a Drug Free Workplace.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No walks-in or phone calls, please.