Full Time Weaverville ReStore Associate
Individuals assigned to this position may periodically rotate to the various areas of the ReStore. The ReStore Associate may be responsible for the pickup, receipt, processing, movement, and storage of all donated goods as well as for sales support.
The schedule is Tuesday- Saturday 9:45am to 6:15pm
Committed to the mission of Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity, the incumbent will be able to interface successfully with people, operate equipment safely, lift and move heavy objects, and oversee activities in his or her assigned area.
- Perform residential and corporate donation pickups as instructed.
- Represent AAHH by interfacing successfully with people in a polite and courteous manner.
- Handle merchandise without causing damage to donated materials or donor property.
- Operate the truck and other equipment safely and in compliance with AAHH safety procedures.
- Inventory processing
- Organize the inventory to continually improve efficiency.
- Control the movement, repair, pricing, and recycling of donated merchandise.
- Act as the leader for volunteers and ensure they are engaged and feel positive about their ReStore volunteer experience.
- Customer support/sales
- Greet all customers and provide them any necessary assistance in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Display merchandise in a safe, attractive manner.
- Assist in loading customer’s purchases.
- Assist in receiving incoming phone calls.
- Operate P.O.S. system when needed.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with our Drug screening and Drug Free work place policy as well as Sex Offender and Criminal Background Check.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is a Living Wage, Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug Free Workplace.