The health and safety of our constituents and the community at large is of utmost importance to Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to update this page as needed.
- Both ReStores are now open! Capacity will be limited and safety protocols are in place: wear a mask, stay 6′ apart, use the hand-washing station provided, and ‘shop with intention’. You may shop or drop off donations in Asheville or Weaverville between 10am and 5pm, Tuesday through Saturday. Please read what to expect before visiting the ReStores. Thank you for your support and cooperation!
- ReStore trucks are now doing curbside pick-ups! We are running the trucks only twice each week to provide adequate time for donated merchandise to sit, our trucks to be cleaned thoroughly, and staff to follow new Covid-19 safety protocol. Call 828-254-6706 to schedule a curbside pick-up.
- Our Administrative Office remains closed to the public, but we’re available to help. Staff continues to work remotely; access our staff directory here.
- Both ReStores will reopen on Tuesday, May 26 for shopping and donation drop-offs. Hours will be 10am to 5pm, Tuesday through Saturday. Capacity will be limited and safety protocols will be in place.
- While we desperately miss our volunteers, we are not yet engaging volunteers at any of our jobsites or in the ReStores. We look forward to welcoming back our volunteers when the time is right.
- In compliance with Buncombe County’s Stay Home, Stay Safe ordinance, Habitat staff that are able to work remotely are doing so. Staff members in positions that can not do their work remotely are now on paid Administrative Leave. A limited number of designated employees will be allowed to travel and access AAHH facilities to perform essential functions.
UPDATE 3.16.20, 3:50pm
- Our ReStores and Jobsites are now closed to the public.
- Our ReStores are currently NOT accepting donations. But we encourage you to start spring cleaning now and boxing up your items, so they’ll be ready for drop-off or pick-up when we resume donation service. Thank you for understanding!
- All volunteers are cancelled until further notice.
- Staff will continue to work – remotely, when possible.
- All Asheville Habitat public events and meetings have been postponed until further notice. This includes Homeownership Information sessions, fundraising events, committee meetings, group meetings in the Large Conference Room, etc.
- Our ReStores are tentatively (based on governmental directives) scheduled to reopen to the public Tuesday, May 26th.
- Our ReStores are currently scheduling curbside donation pickups. Call 828-254-6706 to schedule your pickup! Please continue to hold on to your donations for drop off until we reopen on May 26th, they will be critical for our operations. Thank you for understanding!
- New ReStore hours for both locations will be: Tuesday-Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM