Job Description: ReStore Donations Associate
This is a Tuesday – Saturday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm schedule, pay starts at $20.10 an hour.
To be successful in this role applicant must proficient in Microsoft office and Outlook; Must be able to lift and move heavy items, be comfortable operating a 16’ box truck when needed, they must have great written and verbal communication and strong customer services skills.
Reporting to the ReStore Donations Manager, The Donations Associate is responsible for assisting the Donations Manager with day-to-day functions of the Donations Department including truck schedules and maintenance and maintaining relationships with businesses and other organizations that will result in increased donated inventory to the ReStore.
Committed to the mission of AAHH, the incumbent will have administrative, interpersonal and communication skills, be computer literate, have general business knowledge, and knowledge of the ReStore needs and operations.
- Assist the Manager with the donation scheduling process in an efficient and donor friendly way. Serve as the primary back up for the Scheduling Coordinator when they are out.
- Assist with scheduling the maintenance of donation pickup vehicles.
- Assist with on-site inspections for large donations and coordinate their pickup with ReStore scheduling personnel when needed.
- Assist the Donations Manager with internal programs, such as Donation Recognition Program, ReStore newsletter, direct mail and e-mail, designed to communicate with and maintain contact with ReStore donors.
- In conjunction with the Donations Manager and the AAHH Fund Development department, assist in the maintenance of the database of donors; analyze the data, and report results and recommendations.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned including serving as a backup driver or truck assistant, and helping out on deconstruction jobs as needed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with staff and volunteers towards the achievement of department and organizational goals.
- Current NC Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification recommended.
WORK ENVIROMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to:
- Stand or walk on concrete flooring for prolonged time periods.
- Bend, lift, grasp, reach, push, and pull materials.
- Walk and climb on uneven surfaces, ladders, and stairs.
- Label, sort and stock. Occasionally lift up to 50lb.
- May be required to work nights or weekends to assist in AAHFH events.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Living Wage Certified, Family Forward Certified, Breastfeeding Friendly Employer, and a Drug-Free Workplace. We are committed to providing a safe workspace for all staff and volunteers. All candidates who have received an offer of employment will undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances. All candidates also undergo sex offender screening and criminal background check. Criminal background is reviewed on a case-by-case basis considering the severity, timeframe of the offense, and applicability to the responsibilities of the open position.
To apply, fill out the application below or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walks-ins or phone calls, please.
This is a general application to apply for a job at Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity.