Full-Time Asheville ReStore Associate
Individuals assigned to this position may periodically rotate to the various areas of the ReStore and may report to either location depending on coverage needs. The ReStore Associate may be responsible for the pickup, receipt, processing, movement, and storage of all donated goods as well as for sales support.
Committed to the mission of Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity, the incumbent will be able to interface successfully with people, operate equipment safely, lift and move heavy objects, and oversee activities in his or her assigned area.
· Perform residential and corporate donation pickups as instructed.
· Represent AAHH by interfacing successfully with people in a polite and courteous manner.
· Handle merchandise without causing damage to donated materials or donor property.
· Operate the truck and other equipment safely and in compliance with AAHH safety procedures.
· Inventory processing
· Organize the inventory to continually improve efficiency.
· Control the movement, repair, pricing, and recycling of donated merchandise.
· Act as the leader for volunteers and ensure they are engaged and feel positive about their ReStore volunteer experience.
· Customer support/sales
· Greet all customers and provide them any necessary assistance in a prompt, courteous manner.
· Display merchandise in a safe, attractive manner.
· Assist in loading customer’s purchases.
· Assist in receiving incoming phone calls.
· Operate P.O.S. system when needed.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Living Wage Certified, Family Forward Certified, Breastfeeding Friendly Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. We are committed to providing a safe workspace for all staff and volunteers. All candidates who have received an offer of employment will undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances. All candidates also undergo sex offender screening and criminal background check. Criminal background is reviewed on a case-by-case basis considering the severity, timeframe of the offense, and applicability to the responsibilities of the open position.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or complete the application below. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
This is a general application to apply for a job at Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity.