Make a difference…work for Habitat!
Thank you for your interest in employment with Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity.
We are currently seeking a part-time ReStore Social Media Intern. This position is for a current college student, ideally enrolled in related coursework. To apply, email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.
Job Description – ReStore Social Media Intern
Assist Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity’s Communications Department with ReStore-specific Social Media with the goal of contributing to increased ReStore sales, donations, and overall brand awareness.
Qualifying candidate will be knowledgeable of and committed to the mission of Habitat, and be articulate, personable, and flexible. Must be proactive yet able to take direction and work within structured guidelines as necessary.
Solid understanding of and proficiency in Social Media is required. Strong copywriting, copyediting, and photography skills are important. Interest in and/or knowledge of design styles, decorating, or DIY is preferred.
Principle Activities & Tasks
- Develop content across various social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube; this includes copy, photo and video.
- Conduct interviews and write weekly #ThankYouThursday blog posts, focusing primarily but not exclusively on ReStore volunteers, Business Partners, and donors.
- Update the ReStore Silent Auction page of the website every other week.
- Increase engagement on Facebook and Instagram.
- Analyze, review & report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Other duties as assigned.
16- 20 hours each week. Ideally 4 hour shifts across 5 days, but this is negotiable.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is a Living Wage and Equal Opportunity Employer.