Make a difference…work for Habitat!
Thank you for your interest in employment with Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity. See below for the current opportunity.
Request for Proposal
Home Repair Outreach Coordinator
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity (AAHH) is a non-profit ministry that, in addition to building new homes, fosters community by partnering with qualified families and individuals to preserve existing homes through our Home Repair program. The Home Repair program provides affordable house repairs, repayable through a 0% interest short-term loan, for low-income homeowners in our community at an 80% discount of the total cost of repairs. In the current fiscal year ending June 30, 2017, AAHH hopes to serve 48 families through the Home Repair projects.
SCOPE OF WORK
Outreach will be responsible for effectively networking within targeted communities and outreach for homeowners for the Home Repair programs with particular focus on military families and veterans.
- Conduct outreach activities with service organizations, faith based organizations/churches, community groups, schools, and employers as needed to distribute 25 Home Repair applications per month.
- Complete person to person follow up as needed to ensure a minimum of 10 completed Home Repair applications per month are returned to AAHH.
- Target outreach to secure a minimum of six completed Home Repair applications from the Shiloh community are received.
- Target outreach to secure a minimum of one completed Home Repair application from a veteran household per month.
- Plan and coordinate outreach campaigns and materials as necessary in conjunction with the Communications department.
- Develop and implement outreach strategies to educate and involve all stakeholders.
AAHH is seeking proposals from qualified outreach professionals in our community who would be willing to work with us part time through May 31, 2017 with potential for a time extension.
- Qualified proposals must demonstrate successful experience in community or veteran outreach, working with low income and diverse clientele, and working with non-profits and/or community development organizations.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking experience preferred
- Detail oriented and highly organized
The proposal must include a work plan that demonstrates how the goals from the scope of work will be met and will attest that there is not a potential conflict of interest with AAHH.
AAHH will make on-site space available as needed. Copier, computer, fax, and telephone access will be provided.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
All inquiries concerning this RFP shall be made in writing and be submitted by 5:00 PM on Friday, February 17th, 2017 to:
Jill Franklin, Homeowner Programs Director
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity
33 Meadow Rd.
Asheville, NC 28803
The factors to be used in evaluating the responses will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The ability to provide the requested services.
- Proposed fees and compensation.
- Quality of references.