Job Description – Full Time Sponsorship & Stewardship Coordinator
Serving as part of the Fund Development Team and reporting to the Development Director, this position will help steward prospective and current house sponsors, and manage activities for faith-based donors in conjunction with the Fund Development, Volunteer Services and Communications teams. Through building relationships, coordinating stewardship activities and managing donor experiences, this role will help to bolster awareness, properly acknowledge donors and build support for the Habitat mission. This position requires some evening and weekend work when needed. This is a full-time, 40-hour position with full benefits.
- In conjunction with the Development Officer, Individual and Corporate Giving and Communications Department as needed, execute donor stewardship plans that actively engage donors and continue to move them through the development cycle, e.g. electronic house updates; event invitations, acknowledgements
- In conjunction with the Development Officer, Individual and Corporate Giving, and the Communications Department as needed, manage AAHH’s current sponsorship recognition process, ensuring that all sponsors (faith-based and non-faith based) receive benefits and recognition in a timely manner. This includes, but is not limited to, managing the Build Sponsor Schedule, the Build Sponsor Checklist with follow-up on Habitat sites, website, social media, etc.
- Manage and cultivate relationships, communications and activities with a large number of faith-based organizations, alongside Volunteer Services and the Fund Development team, to deepen engagement and growth of financial commitments
- Represent Asheville Area Habitat in public settings, exercising discretion and judgment
- Assist in volunteer recruitment for Asheville Habitat fundraising and outreach events
- Learn and become proficient in accurately maintaining internal reporting of gifts, donations, pledges, and interactions, etc. in the existing donor database
- Help identify new potential donors through research
- More than 2 years’ experience in professional development or marketing office (or comparable professional setting)
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Ability to speak frequently and comfortably in public settings including large civic and church groups, of both Christian and non-Christian faiths, to solicit financial support and volunteer commitment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, plan, organize, and implement multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Familiarity with Constant Contact, Evite or EventBrite
- Experience with relational databases (Abila, Raiser’s Edge, or similar)
- Enthusiasm for teamwork, attention to detail, initiative, and critical thinking
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, preferred
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No walk-ins or phone calls.
Interviews for this position will only begin mid-November, with plans to have the position filled by January 1, 2018.