ReUse Contest Guidelines
The contest begins on August 1, 2020 and ends on September 30, 2020. Winners will be announced mid-October.
Anyone! (Except employees of Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity)
The Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity ReStore is hosting the 9th annual ReUse Contest to showcase innovative building projects constructed predominantly of used building materials.
Winners will be selected in the following categories:
- Best in Show: $500 ReStore gift card
- Furniture: $200 ReStore gift card
- Homesteading (i.e. chicken coop, raised bed): $200 ReStore gift card
- Live and/or work space: $200 ReStore gift card
- Home Decor: $200 ReStore gift card
- Art: $200 ReStore gift card
- Youth (age 16 and under): $100 ReStore gift card
Winners will be announced in a press release, on Asheville Habitat’s website and social media pages, and featured in the Asheville Habitat ReStore.
- Projects must have been completed within the last 2 years.
- You may submit up to three separate projects (individually).
- Re-submission of a project submitted in previous years will not be accepted.
- Incomplete entries will not be considered.
- Questions? Email email@example.com.
There will be 5 judges, assessing entries based on:
- Quality of design and execution
- Replicability of concept
- Clarity of description
- Quality of photos (if we can’t see it well, we can’t judge it fairly)
HOW TO ENTER
Complete the online entry form, by September 30, 2020.