Job Description – Full-Time ReStore Associate
The ReStore Associate is responsible for providing superior service to all ReStore customers. The right applicant will be able to meet the demands of receiving donations and unloading trucks, assisting customers with their purchases, and accurately and efficiently handling all customer transactions. Qualified individuals must be able to provide customers, donors and volunteers with knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt service at all times. Must support and promote the mission of Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity to the highest standard of personal and professional integrity.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform residential and corporate donation pickups as instructed.
- Represent AAHH by interfacing successfully with people in a polite and courteous manner.
- Handle merchandise without causing damage to donated materials or donor property.
- Operate the truck and other equipment safely and in compliance with AAHH safety procedures.
- Process inventory
- Organize the inventory to continually improve efficiency.
- Control the movement, repair, pricing, and recycling of donated merchandise.
- Act as the leader for volunteers and ensure they are engaged and feel positive about their ReStore volunteer experience.
- Customer support/sales
- Greet all customers and provide them any necessary assistance in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Display merchandise in a safe, attractive manner.
- Assist in loading customer’s purchases.
- Assist in receiving incoming phone calls.
- Operate P.O.S. system when needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team, adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently
- This individual must be detail-oriented and able to take direction.
- Knowledgeable of warehouse and building supplies.
- Forklift certification a plus.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently and communicate effectively.
- Spanish proficiency a plus.
- Valid driver license and ability to drive a truck preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit, walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to bend, reach, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to be on your feet for up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to verbally communicate clearly in-person and on the telephone
- Label, sort and stock.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No walk-ins or phone calls.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is a Living Wage and Equal Opportunity Employer.