Job Description – Full-Time ReStore Associate
Individuals assigned to this position may periodically rotate to the various areas of the ReStore. The ReStore Associate may be responsible for the pickup, receipt, processing, movement, and storage of all donated goods as well as for sales support.
Committed to the mission of Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity, the incumbent will be able to interface successfully with people, operate equipment safely, lift and move heavy objects, and oversee activities in his or her assigned area.
- Perform residential and corporate donation pickups as instructed.
- Represent AAHH by interfacing successfully with people in a polite and courteous manner.
- Handle merchandise without causing damage to donated materials or donor property.
- Operate the truck and other equipment safely and in compliance with AAHH safety procedures.
- Inventory processing
- Organize the inventory to continually improve efficiency.
- Control the movement, repair, pricing, and recycling of donated merchandise.
- Act as the leader for volunteers and ensure they are engaged and feel positive about their ReStore volunteer experience.
- Customer support/sales
- Greet all customers and provide them any necessary assistance in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Display merchandise in a safe, attractive manner.
- Assist in loading customer’s purchases.
- Assist in receiving incoming phone calls.
- Operate P.O.S. system when needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit, walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to bend, reach, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to be on your feet for up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to verbally communicate clearly in-person and on the telephone
- Label, sort and stock.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No walk-ins or phone calls.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is a Living Wage and Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug Free Workplace.