Job Description: ReStore Operations Manager
Reporting to the Executive Director, the ReStore Operations Manager leads Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity (AAHH) ReStores as a social enterprise revenue stream and unique mission impact platform. The ReStore Operations Manager is responsible for successfully initiating, developing, and growing ReStore business activities to achieve revenue and operational goals set by the AAHH Board of Directors.
- Lead ReStore management team to ensure consistent performance in ReStore and AAHH policy and procedure in all ReStore activities;
- Create the annual business plan for the ReStores and implement sales and marketing strategies and control expenses to achieve profit goals.
- Develop, track, and report on performance metrics for ReStores;
- Hire, train, coach, and develop employees and volunteers to adequately staff the ReStores;
- With the Communications team, develop and implement marketing strategies to achieve ReStore goals;
- Ensure ReStore buildings, grounds, vehicles and equipment are safe, clean and attractive.
- Maintain a safe work and retail environment;
- With the Donation Manager, steward existing ReStore donors; identify and cultivate prospects;
- Lead negotiations and review contracts with ReStore vendors and partners;
- Develop and implement store policy with input from ReStore management team and ReStore committee;
- With the Donation Manager and store managers, ensure adequate inventory of merchandise;
- Represent AAHH ReStores at community events and actively coordinate with organizations that share the goals of AAHH and ReStore;
- Resolve donor and customer problems and complaints.
- Provide staff support to the ReStore Committee;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of AAHH.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing Habitat ReStore operations, or similar social enterprise experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in business development, entrepreneurial, or non-profit settings or a BA/BS degree in a related field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Thriftcart, and CRM software.
- Proven ability to develop and lead staff and volunteers to achieve of department and organizational goals.
- Able to coordinate sales and donations operations across multiple locations.
- Accurately review and evaluate sales data and financial statements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing to a range of audiences including senior leadership, BoD and committee members, managers and retail staff.
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification recommended.
- Fork Truck operator certification recommended.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
WORK ENVIROMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The majority of the work is done on the ReStore’s sales floor interacting with ReStore staff, volunteers, and customers. Some night or weekend work will be required.
Travel between stores and to attend meetings will be required at least weekly. Occasional travel outside Buncombe County may be required.
Must be able to:
- Stand or walk on concrete flooring for prolonged time periods.
- Bend, lift, grasp, reach, push, and pull materials and occasionally lift up to 50lb.
- Walk and climb on uneven surfaces, ladders, and stairs.
- Work at a computer for extended periods.
The ReStore Operations Manager is expected to cover other management level positions within the ReStores during vacations, illness, or transitions.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with our Drug screening and Drug Free work place policy as well as Sex Offender and Criminal Background Check.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walks-ins or phone calls, please.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug Free Workplace.