Human Resources Assistant
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant (HRA) will coordinate interviews for hiring Managers, do pre-screen calls interviews when applicable, and coordinate the onboarding of new hires. They will research, and assist in developing, effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. The HRA will also perform a variety of human resources office duties, such as filing and maintaining personnel files, Paid Time Off (PTO) requests, post open positions through various sources, such as job markets or the World Wide Web.
Pay range from $20.50 to $22 an hour.
PRINCIPAL RECRUITING AND ONBORADING ACTIVITIES
- Coordinate and facilitate all phases of the recruitment process.
- Responsible for job postings, including AmeriCorps service year.
- Pre-screen when applicable.
- Coordinate interviews.
- Applicant tracking.
- Track and report recruitment strategies.
- Track recruitment budget expenditures.
2. Research, identify and assist to implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
3. Attends and participates in job fairs and recruiting sessions.
4. Assist the HR Manager to develop a successful onboarding process.
PRINCIPAL OFFICE ACTIVITIES:
1. Update vacation calendar.
2. Assist with PTO entry for payroll
3. Organize and maintain all HR files.
4. Update personnel directory and staff photo walls.
5. Update various spreadsheets and HR systems.
6. Weekly filing of personnel files.
7. Assist with HR events, like Staff appreciation and Holiday party.
8. Schedule electronic cards to staff for events (birthdays, farewells etc…)
9. Run DMV records for staff and act as backup for background checks.
10. Prepare and send cobra notices and receive and track cobra payments.
11. Reconcile monthly benefit invoices.
12. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
· Minimum 2 year of Recruitment / Talent Acquisition or Other HR related duties preferred
· Customer services experience preferred
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
· Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
· Proficiency in Microsoft office (Strong Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Proficiency with HR systems
· Ability to perform clerical tasks, record keeping, reports presentations and successfully operate office equipment with attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the mission of AAHH
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Living Wage Certified, Family Forward Certified, Breastfeeding Friendly Employer, and a Drug-Free Workplace. We are committed to providing a safe workspace for all staff and volunteers. All candidates who have received an offer of employment will undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances. All candidates also undergo sex offender screening and criminal background check. Criminal background is reviewed on a case-by-case basis considering the severity, timeframe of the offense, and applicability to the responsibilities of the open position.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No walks-ins or phone calls, please.