Home Repair Project Supervisor
Reporting to the Home Repair Manager, the Home Repair Project Supervisor will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Home Repair projects undertaken by the Construction Services department.
- Act as project team leader for all Home Repair projects.
- Operate all Home Repair project sites in compliance with AAHH safety policy.
- Working in conjunction with the Home Repair Manager, purchase needed materials, tools, and equipment for Home Repair project site(s) and secure any required permits for project work.
- Supervise, motivate, and give recognition to Home Repair volunteer work crews.
- Oversee and instruct the skilled or unskilled volunteers on the Home Repair jobsite, particularly in regard to building procedures, quality, and safety.
- Assure that all work on AAHH projects, including work done by subcontractors, is in accordance with approved drawings, current building codes, sound building practices, and within contracted and approved budget and scope of work.
- Communicate any potential changes in any project scope of work to Home Repair Manager.
- Assure proper control, maintenance, storage, and security of all materials, tools, vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure completion and timely reporting of all paperwork including: volunteer paperwork, safety logs, acceptance forms and timesheets.
- Assist with Construction Services Home Repair project tasks including; inspection, scope of work, pricing, scheduling, project planning, subcontractor coordination and acceptance on an “as-needed” basis.
- Assist where necessary in other Construction Services activities.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Commitment to the mission and values of AAHH
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Two or more years’ experience in residential construction and repair or one year full-time staff or stipend volunteer experience with Habitat for Humanity’s construction programs.
- Previous experience teaching or supervising volunteers or students preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Effective interpersonal skills with a variety of people, personalities and backgrounds
- Able to give specific oral and written instruction and direction to individuals and groups
- Able to lead, manage, supervise and motivate individuals and teams of volunteers
- Able to plan, schedule, prioritize, coordinate, delegate and manage multiple activities
- Able to analyze circumstances, make routine decisions, problem solve, and give direction regarding problem resolution
- Possess sufficient knowledge of residential construction and repair to determine needed materials, and schedule, coordinate and participate in construction and repair activities including a working knowledge of residential building codes
- Able to use hand and power tools needed to complete residential construction and repair tasks and instruct others on their effective and safe use
- Possess basic mathematical aptitude to calculate building measurements, quantities, etc.
- Certified in first aid and CPR (or able to be certified within three months of hiring).
- HFHI Competent Person Certification (or able to be certified within 12 months of hiring)
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The majority of the work is done outside on a construction work site. Daily exposure to dirt, dust, dampness, construction debris, extreme temperatures, construction noises, fumes and odors from construction materials will occur.
Must be able to:
- Stand or walk for the majority of a work day, including working on uneven surfaces
- Apply extensive physical mobility, including reaching, lifting, holding, pushing and pulling, carrying, bending, climbing stairs and ladders, crawling, kneeling, arm and leg extension
- Regularly lift 10 – 35 pounds: Occasionally 75 pounds or more
- See and judge distances and space relationships
- Independently operate motor vehicles
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walks-in or phone calls, please.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with our Drug screening and Drug-Free workplace policy as well as Sex Offender and Criminal Background Check.