Party ’til the cows come home!
Thank you to everyone who participated in our 2015 Down Home event, at the beautiful country setting of Yesterday Spaces, located at 305 Sluder Branch Road, Leicester, NC. This event was SOLD OUT and we had a packed house!
The event included:
- NOT TO BE MISSED Silent Auction during Cocktail Hour, including:
- Vacation accommodations in Hawaii, Mexico, Amelia Island, Shenandoah Valley and Edisto Island!
- Packages for Fitness Lovers, “Foodies”, Golfers, Kids and more
- Original artwork
- Lots of wonderful items from a large variety of local vendors!
- Bluegrass Music by guest artist, WestWend
- Southern Supper with all the fixin’s, by Corner Kitchen Catering
- Reading by award-winning local author, Wayne Caldwell
- Contra dancing (for beginners!) led by Diane Silver with music by Good & Plenty
Event proceeds benefit Asheville Habitat’s Building a Way Home campaign to triple the number of families served.
View photos from this year’s event here.
Special thanks to our sponsors:
Sustainable – $2,500
Livable – $1,000
Hedrick Industries – Grove Stone & Sand Co.
In Honor and Memory of Jessica Readling, Sponsored by NC SWANA
Van Winkle Law Firm
Hank and Nancy Young
Roston & Patricia Williamson
Walkable – $250
American Speedy Printing
Biltmore Estate Wine Company
Bob & Glenda Burgin
Ellen & Bob Carr
Chris & Pam Cavanaugh
Joan Cooper and Lew Kraus
Good & Plenty
Rhoda & Bill Groce
In Memory of Walter Lawless
Eva and Ken Mellert
Preferred Properties of Asheville
Mr. & Mrs. Ken Richardson
Betty Anne & Gary Schenk
WestWend – Anteflow Records
To see photos from last year’s Down Home event (held at Taylor Ranch), please click here.