Job Description: ReStore Supervisor
The Supervisor is responsible for the movement of donated goods, from receiving donated items to the repair, testing and pricing stages.
Committed to the mission of Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity, the incumbent will be able to successfully interface with volunteers, donors, customers; and direct, monitor and support all activities in his or her assigned area.
- Direct the activities of the staff and volunteers in the various areas of the ReStore.
- Manage the flow of incoming merchandise from the donation lane to the showroom to ensure an efficient, safe, and effective workflow throughout.
- Assist in the pricing of merchandise to be sold.
- Maintain all equipment.
- Assist in the unloading of ReStore trucks.
- Ensure every donation lane donor receives timely, courteous service.
- Review prices daily to ensure consistency and timely movement of product.
- Review donation pickup and deconstruction schedules daily to be aware of incoming merchandise.
- Ensure that all associated paper work is completed as needed.
- Ensure all items to be sold are priced, clean, and safe before being displayed in the showroom for sale.
- Keep all areas of responsibility clean and neat.
- Assist in the inventory, storage, and movement of purchased product.
- Exemplify and enforce all AAHH safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Ability to work with staff and volunteers towards the achievement of department and ReStore goals.
- Ability to exhibit emotional intelligence, patience and flexibility.
- Minimum 1 year experience in retail sales or other work environment requiring direct and regular interactions with customers or donors.
- Knowledge of construction tools and materials preferred.
- OSHA compliance and forklift training and experience preferred.
- Current CPR and first aid experience a plus.
WORK ENVIROMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The majority of the work is done in the ReStore interacting with ReStore staff, volunteers, donors, and customers.
Must be able to:
- Stand or walk on concrete flooring for prolonged time periods.
- Bend, lift, reach, push, and pull materials.
- Walk and climb on uneven surfaces, ladders, and stairs.
- Label, sort, stock. Occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with our Drug screening and Drug-Free workplace policy as well as Sex Offender and Criminal Background Check.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.