Job Description: ReStore Manager
Reporting to the ReStore Director, the ReStore Manager manages the operations of the Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity (AAHH) ReStore
Committed to the mission of AAHH, the incumbent will have human relations and managerial skills, general business and sales knowledge, and the ability to oversee the operation and maintenance of the ReStore.
- Manage all ReStore activities from inventory acquisition through final sale and disposition.
- Ensure a safe work and retail environment.
- Assist in creating the annual business plan and operating budget for the ReStore.
- Manage the supervision and training of ReStore staff and volunteers.
- Ensure adequate inventories of merchandise to be sold.
- Ensure proper store layout, merchandise displays, and signage.
- Manages strategies that will achieve sales goals.
- Manages the maintenance of the ReStore building, exterior grounds, and that all equipment stays safe, clean and attractive.
- Responsible for record keeping and reports as required.
- Manage all shift schedules and vacations to ensure proper staffing levels.
- Responsible for controlling store expenses to achieve assigned profit goals.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with staff and volunteers towards the achievement of department and organizational goals.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Habitat ReStore operations, or similar Retail experience.
- Ability to train and supervise staff and volunteers in giving exceptional customer service 100% of the time.
- Attention to detail needed for observing ReStore showrooms on a daily basis.
- Attendance of HFHI ReStore University 201needed within the first 6 months of work
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification recommended.
- Fork Truck operator certification recommended.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The majority of the work is done on the ReStore’s sales floor interacting with ReStore staff, volunteers, and customers.
Must be able to:
- Stand or walk on concrete flooring for prolonged time periods.
- Bend, lift, grasp, reach, push, and pull materials.
- Walk and climb on uneven surfaces, ladders, and stairs.
- Label, sort and stock. Occasionally lift up to 50lb.
- May be required to work nights or weekends to assist in AAHFH events.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with our Drug screening and Drug-Free workplace policy as well as Sex Offender and Criminal Background Check.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.