Job Description: Part-Time Office Assistant
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Office Assistant will provide (personally and through the service of volunteers) support to the administrative office.
- Provide reception area coverage including the following:
Manage intake of applications
Direct and respond to inquiries by phone or walk-in visitor
Maintain supply of lobby materials
- Recruit, train and manage office volunteers to provide for the administrative support of the affiliate
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and equipment
- Perform administrative tasks that include but are not limited to: processing inbound and outbound mail; record keeping; and file management
- Manage, schedule and coordinate conference room guests
- Provide assistance with the database, as needed
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Minimum 1 year of experience in administrative support or clerical work
- Volunteer management or supervisory experience preferred
- Strong team approach
- Ability to perform clerical tasks, record keeping and office equipment management with attention to details
- Ability to effectively manage a small group of volunteers
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Must work well with staff, volunteers, clients and visitors
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the mission of AAHH
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No walks-ins or phone calls, please.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with our Drug screening and Drug Free work place policy as well as Sex Offender and Criminal Background Check.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is a Living Wage, Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug Free Workplace.