Job Description: VP of Finance and Operations
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for all aspects of accounting and financial activities and leads internal teams to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, facilities and IT.
The Director of Finance and Administration plays a critical role with the senior leadership team in strategic decision-making and operational management as AAHH fulfills its strategic plan and pursues its ambitious vision.
- Assure that all financial reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll are completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Assure that mortgage servicing is completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Supervise and monitor the performance of assigned staff.
- Prepare cash forecasts and manage bank accounts and other investments.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget process; present fiscal year budget to Board of Directors for approval.
- Prepare various financial reports, information, and analysis as needed.
- Provide grant reporting and monitoring as needed.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and techniques to ensure internal control.
- Coordinate the annual audit.
- Provide information and documents related to the construction and sale of AAHH houses.
- Conduct real estate transactions for the organization as appropriate.
- Manage insurance policies, license renewals, and other legal documents.
- Ensure compliance reports are processed in a timely manner.
- Present financial reports at monthly Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Provide staff support to the Finance and Property Management Committee.
HUMAN RESOURCES, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, AND ADMINISTRATION
- Oversee AAHH’s human resources ensuring compliance with internal policy, laws, and industry best practice; and promoting AAHH’s goals for employee retention and development, equitable compensation and benefits, and inclusive recruiting.
- Oversee investments in technology, administrative systems, and facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization grows.
- Collaboratively develop new policies and processes to adapt to changes in AAHH operations.
- Minimum of a BA in a related field, MBA/CPA preferred
- At least 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area
- Experience overseeing human resources function preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following preferred: government grants management, residential real estate development, and mortgage lending
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to professional development programs that maximize individual and organization goals, including best practices in human resources activities
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A commitment to racial and economic equity and proven experience working successfully with diverse stakeholders.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and demonstrated commitment to the values and the mission of AAHH.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- This job operates primarily in a professional office environment and routinely requires operating standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- Occasionally works in outside conditions that can include inclement weather, heat and humidity, high noise levels and navigating rough terrain.
- Must be able to travel to meetings and events and communicate appropriately with stakeholders.
- Some evening and weekend hours required.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with our Drug screening and Drug-Free workplace policy as well as Sex Offender and Criminal Background Check.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walks-ins or phone calls, please.