Reporting to the ReStore Truck Driver and the ReStore Donations Manager, the Truck Assistant is responsible to assist in the pick-up and delivery of materials using the Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity (AAHH) ReStore truck. The truck driver assistant is a cross-trained position and must have a valid NC Driver’s license.
Committed to the mission of AAHH, the incumbent will be able to interface successfully with people, operate equipment safely, and lift and move heavy objects.
- Assist the ReStore Truck Driver in the pick-up and delivery of materials.
- Represent AAHH by interfacing successfully with people in a polite and courteous manner.
- Move material in and out of the truck in a safe, efficient manner.
- Have the ability to repetitively lift and move up to 100 pounds.
- Operate the truck, forklift (upon certification) and other equipment safely and in compliance with AAHH safety procedures.
- Assist and work within the Habitat for Humanity ReStore as needed and/or assisgned.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
$15.80/hour to start
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with our Drug screening and Drug Free work place policy.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No walks-ins or phone calls, please.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug Free Workplace.