Job Description: Communications Associate
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Communications Associate is responsible for coordinating and implementing communications between Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity (AAHH) and the ReStore and its constituencies to educate the community, increase awareness and engagement, and stimulate affiliate fundraising and ReStore support.
Qualifying candidate will be knowledgeable of and committed to the mission of Habitat, and be articulate, personable, and flexible. Must be proactive yet able to take direction and work within structured guidelines as necessary. Solid understanding of and proficiency in Social Media and InDesign is required. Strong copywriting, copyediting, and photography skills are also important. Interest in and/or knowledge of design styles, home décor, and/or DIY is helpful as 50-75% of the position is ReStore-focused.
- Administer ReStore Communications Plan elements including but not limited to social media, advertising, media relations, partner collaborations, events, etc.
- Provide creative services to ReStore staff by designing, writing, and editing print collateral (print ads, brochures, signage) and digital material (web ads, e-marketing, infographics).
- Develop and coordinate content across various social channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube– primarily for the ReStore.
- Work with ReStore managers to develop and implement quarterly ReStore VIP plan.
- Conduct interviews and write weekly #ThankYouThursday blog posts, focusing primarily but not exclusively on ReStore volunteers, Business Partners, and donors.
- Keep in-store communication platforms up to date and on-brand, i.e. digital monitors above registers, branding wall, collateral displays, and promotional flyers.
- Promote special events (i.e. annual ReUse Contest) and new initiatives through coordinated traditional and digital marketing.
- Work with the Communications Director to develop ways to better communicate the connection between ReStore proceeds and affiliate work and global support.
- Work with Communications department and ReStore staff to increase community collaborations.
- Serve as a content administrator for AAHH website and mobile and e-marketing platforms.
- Ensure clear messaging, consistent brand identity, and adherence to HFHI branding guidelines.
- Provide Communications support to affiliate programs, i.e. homeowner services, volunteer services, global engagement, etc.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Commitment to the mission and values of AAHH
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in communications, marketing, digital media or bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop required.
- Experience with social media and website content management in a professional setting
- Strong writing, oral presentation and interpersonal skills
- Creative, articulate, and able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience in photography and/or videography helpful
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is performed primarily in the ReStore and a professional office environment. Work may occasionally occur at Habitat construction sites where conditions can include inclement weather, heat and humidity, high noise levels and navigating rough terrain.
Essential functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift,
carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring
repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other locations using various modes of private and commercial transportation; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Must be able to travel to meetings and events and communicate appropriately with stakeholders. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walks-in or phone calls, please.