More than 1,000 lives have been directly impacted by our work since 1983. Thousands more have been indirectly impacted due to ripple effect into future generations.
- With homeownership comes the opportunity for increased employment and educational opportunities. Many homeowners see a child (or themselves) go on to college, becoming the first in their family to do so.
- The Habitat ReStore (and Deconstruction) diverts more than 1,500 tons of usable material from the landfills every year.
- In 2013, Asheville Area Habitat spent more than $2.7 million with local subcontractors and vendors.
- Collectively, Asheville Area Habitat homeowners paid nearly $275,000 in property taxes in 2013.
- By providing homeownership opportunities to working families in Buncombe County, families are able to live in the community in which they work; in turn, more money is reinvested locally.